Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tweety Oh Tweety

This blog wants me to address my favourite fictional character. I keep thinking and thinking. Many of the fictional characters are just watched, with no particular and elaborative reason. But in a sudden, POP! It came to my mind. I have been watching this cartoon on television since I was a little girl. And this character had always been in my head. And what's more, I really love this character. Even until now, I still watch this cartoon aired sometimes at TV3, and Cartoon Network.
I know most probably many people recognize this character. TWEETY BIRD in one of the cartoons by Looney Tunes Production. This bird belongs to Granny, who also has a pet cat called Pussycat. This is my favorite fictional character of all. The famous tagline always spoken by Tweety, if anyone can still remember is “I Thought I saw a pussycat! Very cute.
Why do I choose Tweety as my favourite fictional character? Hmm, its because first of all, I really love the yellow color of this bird. It seems sexy to a bird so cute. I really looked up to the cartoonist who came up with this image of a bird. Big round head and toned up body with adorable little wings and a little mouth. That was why I started watching this cartoon since I was 6 years old. Another reason is because I felt that the colours used in this cartoon are bright, vibrant and very appealing to the eye. And as children, it seemed really inviting to watch.
Besides the colour of Tweety, I admire its intelligence. We can see in every episode of this cartoon, Tweety always gets the chance to run away from Pussycat. Pussycat always wants to make Tweety its meal, thus Pussy always tries to trick this little yellow bird. Eventhough Tweety is far smaller compared to Pussycat; its intelligence has always managed to make fool of Pussycat, and at the same time escaped Tweety from being eaten. I remembered one episode of this cartoon, where Pussycat tried to bait Tweety to make it come out of the bird cage. The bait was of course Tweety’s favourite food. But Tweety could not be easily fooled. Instead, it ate all the food and ran into a hole where Pussy could not reach. Sometimes though, Tweety is not that smart either. At times, Pussycat with its tricks, managed to catch Tweety and put the yellow bird in its mouth. Unfortunately, Tweety is always saved by chance. Granny will realize that Pussycat had Tweety in its mouth. Granny will hit, or sometimes push open Pussy’s mouth to save Tweety. Its small size usually do make Tweety the victim.
By watching this cartoon, it shows me on how we should tolerate on each other if we’re living under the same roof. Both Tweety and Pussycat is owned by Granny, and no matter how appealing Tweety Bird is to Pussycat, they should compromise and live together. This character also portrayed the fact that size is not the hindrance for you to get the life you wanted. You can fight for what you want. Like Tweety, you can trick people using your intelligence if they try to take advantage of your physical state.

No comments: