Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wow!! The New Semester..

Compared to last semester, this new semester had been a totally different experience for me. Not everything changes, I still get to register in classes same with my friends, but other things are a wholly new challenge for me.

The last semester break was a whole lot of fun. Since my family had moved to Kota Kinabalu for several months, my break was spent discovering the many interesting places there. Besides, I also had the chance to try riding on a jet ski, scuba diving, jungle tracking, and lots more. Everything had been fantastic.

I’m kind of sad that the break is over, as I have to leave my family and stay in Shah Alam. But what can I do. These are sacrifices that need to be made. Now that the new semester has begun, time to start waking up early and spent the days going to lectures.

The most interesting start to this semester is the fact that I’m not staying in the hostel anymore. HOORAY!! Wow, did I just say that? Haha.. Not that I don’t like staying in the hostel, but I am quite excited with this new experience. Imagine, this is my first time living in a compound where I don’t have to abide by any rules whatsoever. I can say that I have the freedom now. I can do whatever I like at home. Eventhough it’s a rented house shared with 3 other friends, but it always feels like home. I cannot hide the fact that I miss my life in hostel, and all my friends there, but still, we can always meet each other during class right?.. Hmm. Although it’s fun, I always remind myself not to indulge in the “fun” so much. I always need to know my priorities staying here, and that is to study.

The first week of the new semester has been quite hectic for me. The rented house needs cleaning up to make it a comfortable place to live in. Household items need to be bought to clean the house as well. Hmm, I went to Giant Hypermarket in Seksyen 13 nearly everyday last week to buy the items the house needs. That was fine for me as I really love shopping (very much). But it makes me think how I have grown up so much. Now I need to pay the house rent, to buy groceries (we plan to do lots of cooking this semester), and pay the bills. Well, that’s life.

This new semester, the most challenging thing for me would be to wisely spend my money. I was not required to pay anything while living in the hostel, but now that has changed. I want to be independent, and I hope that I can manage every month just by spending the scholarship I receive, not the monthly allowance from my parents. I want to save it to buy the car of my dreams.

Well, classes have begun. Not so much of learning yet, but only introduction to the new subjects of this semester. Still there’s time to enjoy and have fun, and the great thing is, the scholarship is in!! Double enjoyment and fun I guess, but always need to remember to budget my expenses wisely. After a week, my life has become less hectic and things have started to settle down a bit. And now, my focus should be on my studies. What can I say? The first week left me tired, but happy and excited. I cannot wait to experience what’s in store for me this semester. Hope to be able to study well, to get new friends, and wish that this semester brings success, fortune and happiness to me..

No comments: